Sunrise, FL 33323 US
Benefits Administrator (100% In Office)
MedPro Healthcare Staffing has been named one of 2023s Top Workplaces in South Florida! At MedPro, we work smart, promote individual growth, and have fun while working as a team to deliver a valued service to our clients. This improves not only our lives, but the lives of the patients we serve.
The Benefits Administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker' s compensation, life insurance, travel, accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
Compensation & Benefits:
• $1000 Sign-On Bonus
• $54, 000-$55, 000 + 10% annual bonus
• Additional yearly bonus opportunities
• Excellent Benefits package + 401(K) with an 8% company match
• Bachelor’ s degree in human resources or related field
• Three to five years of related benefits experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
· Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
· Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
· Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
· Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
· Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
· Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
· Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
· Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
· Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
· Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and review quarterly.
· Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by benefits staff.
· Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company' s stance.
· Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
· Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
· Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
· Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
· Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company' s benefits package.
· Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
• Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
• Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
• Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
• Knowledge of benefits contract language.
• Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
The Fun Stuff:
• Annual Holiday Trip: 4-night company-paid vacation to celebrate the holiday season and recognize the year' s accomplishments
• Weekly Raffles: over $5000 in cash prizes awarded to staff weekly
• Fitness Boot Camp: free personal trainer each Monday and Wednesday
• Monthly Fun Committee Events: wellness days, team outings, massages, etc.
• Community Involvement: we focus on giving back to our local community with employee-led partnerships with mentorship programs, shelters, and schools